Monday, December 18, 2006
Proceed with Caution
This holiday season don't forget that our furry companions can be put in harm's way when we decorate and celebrate. I'm sure you've heard that chocolate can make a dog very sick. (We used to think that it caused brain damage, and our standard joke was "how could you tell?" We kitties don't always think much of the intelligence of the canine branch of the pet family!) But did you know that the water in the Christmas tree stand may contain chemical fertilizer, or that it may harbor bacteria if left standing too long? I know several canines who wouldn't think twice about sucking up tree water, so it's up to you to keep your friend away from the tree! The ASPCA has a whole list of holiday hints. Check it out and make sure the holidays are happy for everyone!
Posted by KURIOUS KITTY at 9:46 AM