Looking for a book, DVD, CD, or other item? Search our catalog!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rubber Duckie, You're the One. You Make Bathtime Lots of Fun. Rubber Duckie I'm Awfully Fond of You.


Since my kids are now nearly 29 and nearly 26, I find it strange that I can still remember listening to Ernie sing about his rubber duck (on Sesame Street). I wish I could remember what I had for dinner yesterday! But I digress...

This Saturday, if you're up for a little trip north, there will be a Winter Wildquack Duck Race being held at Black Mountain in Jackson. This is the third year the race will be held.

Rubber duck races are fairly popular events during the warmer months, when the ducks can actually float. In Jackson, the ducks will have to slide to the finish line.

I did a little internet search and found that there are rubber duck races held all around the world! Here's a picture from a German race:


It should come as no surprise that there are a number of books about rubber ducks in our children's room including:

  • 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle [JP CAR].
  • Find the Duck by Phil Cox [BB COX].
  • Bubble Bath Pirates by Jarrett Krosoczka [JP KRO].
  • The Runaway Duck by David Lyon [JP LYO].

  • The Runaway Duck isn't about a rubber duck, but the toy duck in the story does float away on a grand adventure!

    Do you have the "Rubber Duckie" song now running through your head? If so, borrow Splish Splash: Bath Time Fun [CD CHILDREN SPL], and you can learn a whole bathtub full of rubber duck songs!

    2 comments:

    1. Dear Mom,

      I will only be 25 (not 26) in April...Apparently what you had for dinner last night isn't the only thing you are forgetting :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oops, I knew that! Sorry.
      --Your addle-brained mother

      ReplyDelete