Looking for a book, DVD, CD, or other item? Search our catalog!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tomatoes

I love them. They, and fresh peaches, are the two best things about summer. Now there's another reason to eat them--they may prevent wrinkles!

Tomatoes have long been touted as healthful foods. If you haven't heard about the benefits, click here. So, now that you know of their anti-aging properties, there's no excuse not to add more tomatoes to your diet!

For recipes, we have Lee Bailey's Tomatoes [641.65642 BAI], a cookbook which includes a recipe for a tomato souffle! I don't know if I can get my mind around that one!

Souper Tomatoes: The Story of America's Favorite Food by Andrew F. Smith [641.65642 SMI]. Smith looks broadly at tomatoes, and then more specifically at tomato soup. Interesting reading for a tomato lover like myself.

If your child won't eat tomatoes, borrow this book to read together: I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato by Lauren Child [JP CHI]. I won't give away the ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment