Looking for a book, DVD, CD, or other item? Search our catalog!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

All Things Sinatra

If you watch the Turner Classic Movie channel, you know that Frank Sinatra has been featured this month with his films and tv specials being broadcast every Wednesday and Sunday. The U.S. Postal Service has issued a stamp with Sinatra's image on it, and it's on sale at the post office. Several Sinatra CDs have been released recently, including Sinatra at the Movies, which we have already purchased (currently being processed). There are probably a hundred ways Sinatra is being celebrated this month!

A "nice Italian boy" I dated in high school had a father who was a REALLY big fan. It sort of rubbed off on me, and I've been a fan ever since. If you aren't a fan, maybe you'll become one after borrowing some of our many Sinatra items.

Films:

From Here to Eternity [DVD FRO]. Sinatra won a "Best Supporting Actor" Oscar for his role in this multiple Academy Award winning film.

The Man with the Golden Arm [DVD MAN].

The Manchurian Candidate [DVD MAN]. This is the original film with Angela Lansbury as Laurence Harvey's very creepy mother!

Books:

Sinatra, Tina. My Father's Daughter: A Memoir [B SIN].

Summers, Anthony. Sinatra: The Life [B SIN, also AB/CD B SIN].

Music:

The Best of the Capitol Years [CD MALE VOCALIST SIN].

Come Fly with Me [CD MALE VOCALIST SIN].

Sinatra Reprise: The Very Good Years [CD MALE VOCALIST SIN].

Or borrow at tribute album such as Bolton Swings Sinatra: The Second Time Around [CD MALE VOCALIST BOL].

Do you have a favorite Sinatra song? I think I like "Angel Eyes" the best. Oh, and "I've Got a Crush on You." And, I can't forget "You Go to My Head"...

No comments:

Post a Comment