Looking for a book, DVD, CD, or other item? Search our catalog!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The State Library


This posting is a wee bit late--I was at the NH State Library this morning for a workshop on two Content Management Systems--Joomla and Drupal. These are free (open source) programs that allow a group, in our case, a public library, to have a web content that everyone on staff can easily add or change without the bother of HTML or using a costly web creation program such as Dreamweaver.

Most of the workshop was over my head, but I was quite impressed with what I saw of Joomla and Drupal. Someday, when I get some free time at home, I may experiment.

I also did a little research while I was at NHSL. I love that place! It is full of surprises. I was looking for Science magazine from 1945 and it was there--in hard copy, not fiche. Then I needed something that I was sure they wouldn't have--an issue of the Journal of American Nursing from 1954, and that, too, was there! Who woulda thunk it!

For those of you who didn't even know we had a state library, the next time you're in Concord, it's right across the street from the State House, stop in! The staff is friendly and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment