Looking for a book, DVD, CD, or other item? Search our catalog!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What A Way to End the Day!

Yesterday was one of those days. Miserable. Everything seemed to rub me the wrong way. I was in a peevish mood. It made for a tiring day--being on the edge of anger all day long is draining. I was planning on going to bed and getting a good night's sleep and putting all the peevishness behind me. But then...

I turned on game 6 of the NBA finals. The first quarter was a nice back and forth between the Celtics and the Lakers, but once the second quarter began it was ALL OVER for LA. What a game! The Celtics were HOT! More than hot--VOLCANIC!

I'm sure you've heard how they won the 2008 championship title by a remarkable 39 points! Ray Allen alone had 7--SEVEN--three-pointers! Kevin Garnett had 14 rebounds! It was marvelous! A job well done! I even stayed awake for the awarding of the trophy and the naming of the MVP--Paul Pierce. The joy was obvious and I was happy to be a part of it, even though I was on the other side of the tv screen!

A new History of the Boston Celtics will have to be written to replace the one by John Nichols that is currently in our collection [J 796.323 NIC]. And now that there will be a new banner (the 17th) hanging in the rafters, Peter May's book, The Last Banner: The Story of the 1985-86 Celtics, the NBA's Greatest Team of All Time [796.323 MAY], is obsolete.

Yesterday turned out to be a great day! And today, I don't have a peevish bone in my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment