Looking for a book, DVD, CD, or other item? Search our catalog!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas at the Movies

I mentioned The Muppets Christmas Carol [J DVD MUP] yesterday, and I have occasion to mention it again as one of my favorite Christmas movies.

My other favorite is Elf starring Will Ferrell, which I blogged about last year at this time (link in next paragraph).

This past week I indulged in some made-for-tv movies. Big mistake--tired, predictable plots and characters were the best part of the two productions I watched! I'd recommend you stay away from the tv and borrow some of our movie classics. And speaking of classics, one film critic, S.T. VanAirsdale, doesn't think much of contemporary Christmas films, and is looking for a new Christmas classic. Read his opinion piece here.

No comments:

Post a Comment