Looking for a book, DVD, CD, or other item? Search our catalog!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Full Steam Ahead!

"Full steam ahead!" I swear that's what the people who plow my street say as they come around the corner and see my mailbox. I might as well put a great big target on the side. Actually, I don't need a target since they manage to hit it every year. Last week they not only took out the box, they took out the whole post, too. Oh well, it's just one of the joys of living in the New England.

I'm planning on putting in something a little more indestructible once the snow goes away and the ground thaws. I thought I might use something like this as a base:



If that doesn't work, I'll prop my mailbox up with a boulder:

Photo by Stannate




Since I have to replace them so often, I only buy inexpensive mailboxes, but, if I ever get a secure base, I might go all out and decorate a box like those found in Mailboxes: 20 Unique Step-By-Step Projects [684.18 MAI].

No comments:

Post a Comment