Looking for a book, DVD, CD, or other item? Search our catalog!

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Just for the Fun of It

The British newspaper, The Telegraph, regularly runs an online page of signs that travelers send in from around the world. I spent hours on the weekend laughing my way through the archives. I thought I'd send you to one of the most fun pages, the one that has menus and signs for food. Some things get "lost in translation" as you'll soon see if you click here. Here's one to whet your appetite (pun intended):



Now you may ask, What could the library possibly have in its collection that would connect with that? Well, we just so happen to have Japanese Jive: Wacky and Wonderful Products from Japan by Caroline McKeldin [428 MCK] where you'll find food products such as "Choco Mushi Bread" and "Hello Kitty Pre-Buttered Toast." How much fun is that?

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I really don't think pre-buttered toast could be all that much fun . . .

    ReplyDelete