Looking for a book, DVD, CD, or other item? Search our catalog!

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Tall Tales

I'm on a number of email lists and occasionally I come across something that tickles my fancy. A message from the Wisconsin Historical Society (don't ask me how I got on that list!) led me to Larger Than Life: Tall-Tale Postcards. If you don't know what a tall-tale postcard is, here is one:

Image courtesy Wisconsin Historical Society


Take a look at the postcards and prepare to be amazed!

For more tall-tale postcards, visit the Tall Tale Postcard group on flickr.

One of my favorite tall-tale heroes is Paul Bunyan. Children's writer and illustrator, Steven Kellogg, has retold Bunyan's tale, as well as those of other legendary characters. Look for Paul Bunyan, Johnny Appleseed, Mike Mink, and Pecos Bill; all are found in JP KEL.

No comments:

Post a Comment