Until recently we have been unable to take credit card payments for overdue fines and other charges, however, as of June, we have that capability. Library card holders can pay their charges from their own computer or device! (No credit card payments will be taken at the Library's check-out desk.)
Here's how to make a payment:
1. Log in to your account (go to www.nesmithlibrary.org, click on "Catalog," then from the drop-down under "My Account" click on "Log In").
2. On the right hand side you will find any charges.
3. Check off the fines you wish to pay. Then click on "Pay Fines Now."
4. Read the policies and then click "Accept." (Please note: there are no refunds of payments, or the $2. convenience fee.)
5. You will find a summary of charges. If you wish to pay, click on "Continue."
6. You will be taken away from the Library catalog and directed to an eCommerce site for payment. At this point you will have 2 minutes to complete your payment. The space for "eMail Address" should be filled in if you wish to receive a transaction receipt. It is important that the credit card expiration date be entered MMYY, for example, August 2014 would be entered 0814.
We hope our users will find this an easy and convenient way to pay!