Looking for a book, DVD, CD, or other item? Search our catalog!

Monday, February 09, 2015

February is National Cherry Month!

You may think February is an odd month to be devoted to cherries, but if I had to guess, I would say it's because February is also the month we celebrate Presidents' Day, and it is the month of George Washington's birthday. It's not too far a leap to remember the story of Washington supposedly saying "I can't tell a lie, I chopped down the cherry tree." Of course, that story has been shown to be part of Washington mythology, but, I suppose it's good enough reason to explain February being National Cherry Month.

Here are two cherry-related titles to look for:

Colón, Suzan. Cherries in Winter: My Family's Recipe for Hope in Hard Times. [394.12 COL]

Williams, Vera. Cherries and Cherry Pits. [JP WIL]

And since February is also National Pie Month, you'll find some great cherry pie recipes in The Perfect Pie: More Than 125 All-Time Favorite Pies and Tarts by Susan G. Purdy [641.8652 PUR].

No comments:

Post a Comment