Looking for a book, DVD, CD, or other item? Search our catalog!

Friday, October 16, 2015

Poetry Friday--"The Same Goose Moon"


I'm a proponent of "less is more," especially when it comes to poetry. My preference is haiku or other short forms. I came across a simple poem of six lines that is packed with significance, or, is simply the presentation of a pretty scene. It's all in how you choose to look at it!
The Same Goose Moon
by Jim Harrison

Peach sky
at sunset,
then (for a god's sake)
one leaf whirled
across the face
of the big October moon.

found in The Shape of the Journey: New and Collected Poems [811 HAR]

The Poem Farm is harvesting this week's crop of Poetry Friday posts, so be sure to stop by.

Print by Hiroshige courtesy Library of Congress.

4 comments:

  1. I love these simple words, so perfectly placed.
    And too, "for a god's sake"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little bit of delight for everyone in the viewing! I'm sure the geese love the light to guide their way.

      Delete
  2. Lovely. (both words and picture!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poem is very much like a Japanese poem, so I thought the print would go nicely.

      Delete