Looking for a book, DVD, CD, or other item? Search our catalog!

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Keep a Box of Tissues Handy

Last week The Huffington Post published an article titled, "These Are The Best Movies To Watch When You Need An Ugly Cry."

We own most of the titles on the list, if you need an emotional release this holiday season.

A few of my favorite weepers don't appear on The Huffington Post's list, and as a bonus, some of them are Christmas movies:

Enchanted April. [DVD ENC] A movie with strong female characters, a lovely story line, and was filmed in a gorgeous location. What's not to like about a "tub of love"?

The Holiday. [DVD HOL] I know, I know, it stars Jack Black, however, he plays a character one can't help but liking! Please note: our copy has gone missing, so I will be reordering it! Several other GMILCS libraries also own it.

The King of Masks. [DVD KIN] Don't be turned off by the fact that the film is subtitled. It is well worth watching and is poignant, rather than melodramatic.

Love Actually. [DVD LOV] This is my all-time favorite Christmas movie! The opening and ending scenes, which filmed real people at the arrivals terminal at Heathrow, always make me weep.

Room With a View. [DVD ROO] A simple love story that always makes me happy, and a bit weepy. It's based on the book by E. M. Forster, and is the best adaptation of a film that I've come across.

I have plenty more tissue-worthy films to recommend if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment