Wednesday, April 12, 2017

I Kid You Not!

Today, April 12, has been designated as National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day. Yes, indeed, a day devoted to one of America's best-loved comfort foods--the grilled cheese sandwich!

I'm sure for most Americans, grilled cheese sandwich brings to mind melted American cheese, and often accompanied by a bowl of Campbell's cream of tomato soup. If that's your vision, then more power to you, but I like my sandwich made with swiss cheese and sliced tomato, and, if I'm really feeling indulgent, a few slices of crispy bacon!

Others have their favorites, and writer, Heidi Gibson, seems to have more than one favorite--a whole book's worth. Look for Grilled Cheese Kitchen: Bread + Cheese + Everything in Between [641.84 GIB].


Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment