Looking for a book, DVD, CD, or other item? Search our catalog!

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Poetry Friday--Thunder Underground


Newly added to our children's room is a recent book by writer Jane Yolen, Thunder Underground, illustrated by Josée Masse [J 811.54 YOL].

It's a collection of poems dealing with the things you find underground such as seeds, ants, and moles, and, it take the concept a step further moving it away from the biological world to include things such as, ancient cities, tectonic plates, and subways!

Here's an example:


It should get kids thinking about what other things may be found underground, and, its light-hearted humor is sure to please readers!

The Poetry Friday Round-Up is being hosted this week by My Juicy Little Universe. Stop by!



9 comments:

  1. A new one to me, Diane, will put it on my list! Theme-related poems are great to read & so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, thanks for sharing this, Kitty! I'll definitely check that one out. Such a good theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Added to the list! My K students love anything the involves lava! :-) Christie @ https://wonderingandwondering.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to look for this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! What fun! I will be looking for this one. Who know? Maybe I'll look and listen for what's underground, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this looks so neat, I always love it when poetry and nonfiction meet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good Diane, I'll have to look for it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks, Diane. The book took close to ten years to finally come out, but I am over-the-moon at how it looks!--Jane Yolen

    ReplyDelete